Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySupport

Your dream vacation?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

Your dream vacation? Empty
PostSubject: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:30 am

Is there anywhere special you love to go on vacations? Or if you aren't traveling right now, where would you love to go?

I would love to see Hawaii again. It's so beautiful and I love the tropics with all of the greenery and the pretty flowers.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:06 am

I'd love to go back to Cuba, it was great. The culture there was just fantastic! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, maybe one day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:17 am

I should go to Caistor where my great-grandfather was born...
Back to top Go down
http://yapapire.blogg.org/
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:33 am

Susan, I've heard that Cuba is like stepping back into the 1950s. Is this how you found it?

Bruno, is Caistor in France? What region?
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 8:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVvwD_bZy7Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVvwD_bZy7Q

This is what I found concerning Caistor...

Caistor, Lincolnshire, England...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Debp wrote:
Susan, I've heard that Cuba is like stepping back into the 1950s. Is this how you found it?

It depends where you go. In the hotel they had it modern but still very nice. But then when you go into the towns it couldn't be more different, there's old cars, old buildings, people singing the street and it's very traditional and just how most people imagine it. It's completely different from anywhere else I've been, definitely like taking a step back. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com
nikkirae
nikkirae

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 8:40 pm

I would love to tour Italy.. spend a good month there- the good Lord be willing some day I will do that.

My apologies for not being here much lately, life is hectic and busy right now. I do hope that my British friends will give us the updates as soon as BGT airs.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:14 am

Thanks Bruno and Susan for answering me.

A long time ago I went to the UK....very pretty green countryside and quaint villages. Really loved the city of York with it's narrow, winding streets. All of the cathedrals were beautiful and the couple of castles I got to see were so interesting. Bruno, since it's just across the channel from you..... Smile

Italy would be a lovely place to visit, I think. I would love to see the fountains in Rome and the quaint villages. A neighbor recently got back from Italy....she stayed with friends there.
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 7:35 am

I haven't seen York but I've seen Leeds and I stayed eleven months in Bradford (those three towns are in Yorkshire)...
When you are on the coast of Pas-de-Calais you can see the cliffs of Dover by sunny time...
To go there I'd need to take a train to Paris then one to Boulogne-sur-mer (to go to England by boat) or Calais (to go through the tunnel)...
Right now I'm nearer Switzerland and Germany...
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:57 am

Bruno wrote:
I haven't seen York but I've seen Leeds and I stayed eleven months in Bradford (those three towns are in Yorkshire)...
When you are on the coast of Pas-de-Calais you can see the cliffs of Dover by sunny time...
To go there I'd need to take a train to Paris then one to Boulogne-sur-mer (to go to England by boat) or Calais (to go through the tunnel)...
Right now I'm nearer Switzerland and Germany...

Sound like some great vacation spots!
Back to top Go down
englishrose
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
englishrose

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:12 pm

Last year I spent 10 days in America, places included San Fransico, Yosemite, Death Valley
Las Vegas, Palmsprings LA. and Pasadena, I would love to return there for a longer period to see the places I missed. It was a Dream Holiday last year and it 's a dream to return/

Englishrose.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:18 am

englishrose wrote:
Last year I spent 10 days in America, places included San Fransico, Yosemite, Death Valley
Las Vegas, Palmsprings LA. and Pasadena, I would love to return there for a longer period to see the places I missed. It was a Dream Holiday last year and it 's a dream to return/

Englishrose.

Sounds wonderful! Isn't Bournemouth a vacation spot? Of course, not for you, I guess! Laughing
Back to top Go down
englishrose
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
englishrose

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:17 am

Yes Bournemouth is a vacation spot but it does one good to "Get away from it all"
I love to travel. have lived in Spain (I have a son who reisdes there) but came back to the UK for family reasons . Bournemouth is a lovely place , very popular but as I have said
I love my holidays.

Englishrose.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:49 am

Yes, it's certainly good to get away. I'm in Los Angeles, another tourist spot.
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:37 am

Debp wrote:
Los Angeles the village of Don Diego de la Vega... Zorro !
lol!
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:01 am

Bruno wrote:
Debp wrote:
Los Angeles the village of Don Diego de la Vega... Zorro !
lol!

L.A. is translated into "City of the Angels." Of course, "Zorro" and alot of other stars live here! I saw those Zorro movies with Anthony Hopkins awhile back and they were very good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your dream vacation?   Your dream vacation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your dream vacation?
Page 1 of 1