Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySupport

I dreamed a dream

Go down 
+3
Debp
englishrose
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:55 pm

I have been looking everywhere lately and I cannot find anybody who comes close to the quality and standard of singing as Susan when it comes to this song. She sings it with such power, emotion and feeling. I get the feeling that the song is almost for Susan, she dreamed of becoming a proffesional singer but the name calling, the rejection etc. ruined it and "Life has killed the dream she dreamed". I just can't get over how she sings this song, I've even listened to elaine Page singing it and she doesn't even compare or does anybody think I'm just biased?
Back to top Go down
http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com
englishrose
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
englishrose

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 pm

No your not biased, I thought Eliane Page version was inferrior to Susan's, And how right you are about the irony about the words, I know Susan's health is paramount but I feel
so disappointed that she may not make the BGT TOUR, we got almost the last tickets for the 26th June and was so looking forward to seeing her "Live".
There's been no news of her today in the UK so hopefully she is more settled.

Englishrose.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:41 am

No, you aren't biased at all. Susan has a tremendous gift of singing....and yes, the words of that song fit her life.

Yesterday I was looking for singers on Youtube doing The Impossible Dream because I love that song! I listened to Andy Williams, Elvis and some lady and none of them did that song justice. I can just imagine Susan singing that song so very wonderfully and hope she will include it on her CD.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:00 am

Ok, I never heard of Elaine Page before, so after listening to Susan I "googled" Elaine Page. I don't see how you can think of yourself as biased. Elaine's version is professionally done, and sung just to be sung for a recording or a performance. Susan's version came from Susan's soul, thus making it infinitely superior. I've always thought that if you can't put your heart and soul into a song that you are singing, then don't bother singing it as you can't do it justice.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:34 am

Elaine Page did say wonderfully kind things about Susan on a video. She also said Susan had very good technique and also Susan's singing is a "gift." She also said "Susan, if you're hearing this, how about we sing something together?"

But I agree, Susan's singing is a rare voice that touches our souls.
Back to top Go down
Alicemarr
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Alicemarr

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:45 pm

Not only do I prefer her version of I Dreamed a Dream but now I can't even listen to the wondeful Sarah Brightman sing Memory without wishing it was Susan. She is such a remarkable talent. I can't wait for the DVD and CD to come out.
Back to top Go down
http://fearthevoices.proboards52.com
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:50 am

Alicemarr wrote:
Not only do I prefer her version of I Dreamed a Dream but now I can't even listen to the wondeful Sarah Brightman sing Memory without wishing it was Susan. She is such a remarkable talent. I can't wait for the DVD and CD to come out.

Yes, we are all eagerly awaiting it. I like the type of songs Susan sings, too.
Back to top Go down
hotmomma
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
hotmomma

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: I DREAMED A DREAM   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 am

WELL WHAT CAN I SAY. THE SONG SAYS IT ALL. THIS INSPIRATIONAL LADY HAS FOUGHT AND GOT HER DREAMS. MAY SHE HAVE A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE AND WE PRAY THAT SHE WILL NEVER WAKE UP FROM THE DREAM SHE IS NOW LIVING.
Back to top Go down
LovinBoyle
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
LovinBoyle

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:52 am

hotmomma my friend, I completely agree. What susan did for us was give us hope, inspiratio and joy. She proved that with a little bit of confidence and courage out dreams might just one day become a reality. An absolutley incredible woman, she is.
Back to top Go down
hotmomma
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
hotmomma

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:55 am

Thankyou for you kind words LOVINBOYLE. We both share the mutual feeling of pride. We must agree that she has restored, singlehandedly, nation pride. I AM BRITISH. May she continue to touch your heart.
God Bless.
Back to top Go down
LovinBoyle
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
LovinBoyle

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:58 am

hotmomma, I feel that I am making a connection with you in a religious level. We're very alike, we're touched by Susan and both adore her pride. May peace be with you, blessings to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I dreamed a dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dreamed a dream   I dreamed a dream Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I dreamed a dream
Page 1 of 1