Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySupport

I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK

Go down 
+8
Blue Moon
Aikengmom
scomarty
englishrose
Admin
Debp
Bruno
Multilingual
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:07 am

Blue Moon wrote:

Because I am a Christian, I believe that God has a very specific plan for Susan, She is far from finished sharing her gift and her lessons with the world.

I am also a Christian and also believe in God's way of working things out for the best for those that love Him.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:20 am

Multilingual wrote:

My only worry, and I would like some comments on this and perhaps it should be another thread, but.... I am concerned about Susan's rather eccentric behavior, i.e. the hip waving and "Piercey baby" and the like. I know we need to have fun, and I guess combining singing talent and some comic relief could also be a good combination. What do all of your think?

I saw a video where Susan was asked about the hip swinging thing at her first audition. She answered something like, "oh, no more of that...will be ladylike." But I think she just got a little carried away with all of the excitement of the subsequent performances.

I do think it's great to have a sense of humor and some fun, as long as a person doesn't get too over the top to where it would be vulgar. I think with Susan, it was just some innocent "doings." I actually thought it was humorous when she said "Piersy baby" and Piers said his mother was giving him "a good talking to"....and his fiance was a bit upset with him!
Back to top Go down
boxerpaws
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
boxerpaws

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 4:38 am

susan strikes me as a fun loving silly type of person-but not one to be vulgar. we've seen worse.
We can't be totally serious all the time.As long as we don't do anything indecent.
Big diff and boy we have seen waaay worse haven't we?
maybe too much was made of this-or maybe it was some antics just before her attack.

Or trying to take off some of the tension but i don't think she meant anything vulgar by it.
Back to top Go down
http://shehastalent.ning.com/
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 7:43 am

boxerpaws wrote:
susan strikes me as a fun loving silly type of person-but not one to be vulgar. we've seen worse.
We can't be totally serious all the time.As long as we don't do anything indecent.
Big diff and boy we have seen waaay worse haven't we?
maybe too much was made of this-or maybe it was some antics just before her attack.

Or trying to take off some of the tension but i don't think she meant anything vulgar by it.

No, I do not mean Susan was vulgar. Just trying to explain the difference between some innocent fun and those that are actually indecent.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:39 am

I see this as Susan's cheeky sense of humour and nothing more. It shows she's got spunk, and she's gonna need that with all the changes to come.
Vulgar can best be described by watching Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Brittney Spears, that is the true definition of vulgar.
We have to keep in mind Susan has led probably a type of sheltered life, with very little exposure to the type of life she will be living. Sometimes she's gonna be funny, but that doesn't mean she's lost it. To me that means she knows exactly who she is and isn't afraid to show it.
Bravo Susan, you go girl!!
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:39 am

Yes, I also enjoy Susan's funny sense of humor and hope she does not lose it.
Back to top Go down
Alicemarr
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Alicemarr

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:43 pm

I feel it is the fault of the way the show was set up. Susan should not have been competing, IMO, against DANCERS. She is a singer. It was two totally differen talents. There was no one that could stand near her in the singing category.

I think people have "stupid" and "innocent" backwards. How sad in our world that people in the media would make fun of someone for being innocent and true. Not fake like most in that genre. Susan struck me as completely genuine from the first time I viewed her remarkable performance. I look forward to seeing more.
Back to top Go down
http://fearthevoices.proboards52.com
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:51 am

Yes, Susan is totally genuine, a breath of fresh air. God bless her!
Back to top Go down
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Domani

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:37 am

I think Susan is just being Susan. Don't forget she's got a handicap and I'm not surprised she may not act according to others standards.
Susan may not have the social skills others have when she gets excited, and I think that's all there is to it. I love her just the way she is. She's genuine.
Back to top Go down
http://peacefulpalace.com/forum
selimron
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
selimron

PostSubject: selimron   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:21 am

I agree!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2