Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySupport

I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK

Go down 
+8
Blue Moon
Aikengmom
scomarty
englishrose
Admin
Debp
Bruno
Multilingual
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Multilingual
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Multilingual

I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Empty
PostSubject: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:12 am

I don't know for whom the judges voted and I don't understand the method they use to calculate the call in votes. All I know is that I am sour and disappointed. In a few months no one will remember Diversity and Susan will be remembered and beloved forever.

I saw Diversity on YouTube and their performance did nothing for me.

I also think that there should be Britain's got SINGING Talent. Various unrelated talents should not be mixed together in a Talent Show. I think this is a really bizarre competition and is totally mixing apples with oranges.

Call me a sore loser, call me what you want.

I don't think winning or losing here makes any difference. Susan will go on to be famous, will earn millions and will be very charitable with this money and she will not change at all.

I am bitterly disappointed and will never follow BGT or AGT again. Not interesting. Bigger fish to fry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/markhschwartz
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:28 am

"In a few months no one will remember Diversity and Susan will be remembered and beloved forever.

So where is the problem ?
Back to top Go down
http://yapapire.blogg.org/
Multilingual
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Multilingual

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:35 am

I would bet that the Queen will arrange a command performance from Susan, and will be terribly bored by Diversity when then sing for her. They just will not do a thing for an old fashioned almost 83 year old monarch.
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:58 am

I read somewhere it would be in front of Prince Charles and his wife Camilla this year...
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:46 am

I'm disappointed that Susan did not win....but I'm sure she has a bright future/career ahead of her. We must keep saying we all want a CD by her!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:29 pm

Multilingual wrote:

I also think that there should be Britain's got SINGING Talent.

We do have a show like that, it's called the X Factor. I'm pretty sure that if Susan went on that she would have won but the problem is they have 'theme weeks' such as 70s, 80's rock etc. and I'm not sure she would have been able to change her voice that drastically. Diversity are incredibly talented as Susan is. I am slightly disappointed that Susan didn't want but the act who won still worked hard for it and deserved it, Susan will still be a global star and Diversity will still have their lives changed. The way Susan took it though was just so graceful, she wished them luck and took it with such pride and it takes alot of courage to do that. I do agree with Bruno though, if Diversity won't be remembered and Susan will I can't see a problem. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com
englishrose
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
englishrose

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:30 pm

Being from the UK I too am disappointed with the British voting system,
my question is we never know by what percentage each act is voted.
so how do we know for sure whether the 1st, 2nd and 3rd actually did
get those positions. We just have to take their word.
I think a shake up call is needed in these type of shows.
We too get X Factor and it's the same there also.

Many years ago before telephone voting talent contest were judged by the audience
by a clapometre, old fashioned I know but at least we could see who won fair and squre.

Englishrose.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:02 am

Yes, Susan did respond gracefully to being 2nd. Besides having a great voice, she has a lovely, cute personality. God bless her!!
Back to top Go down
scomarty
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
scomarty

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:37 pm

SusanFTW wrote:
Multilingual wrote:

I also think that there should be Britain's got SINGING Talent.

We do have a show like that, it's called the X Factor. I'm pretty sure that if Susan went on that she would have won

Susan actually was going to apply for this show, but realised it was only young and attractive looking people that entered it. She never beleived she had any chance of doing anything in this show because her age and her looks would have been frowned and laughed at.
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Aikengmom

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:47 pm

SUSAN IS A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!

She will do well in the future and we are all looking forward to her first cd.

I just hope she can hold up to all the pressure put on her, the poor dear.
Back to top Go down
englishrose
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
englishrose

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Did you know susan is in a private clinic? I have heard and read different versions so won't comment on any. I pray she will be ok.

Englishrose.
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Aikengmom

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:29 pm

I did read that she suffered from exhausion but from all she has been thru I can't blame the poor thing.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:06 am

Actually Susan didn't lose, she came out without the first prize, sure, but she also came out without all the contractual obligations that Diversity has. In my books that makes her a winner. She can now go on to her illustrious recording career without any problem.

So okay, maybe a dance troupe won the big prize, but like it's been said, they will soon be forgotten. I admit to old age here, but I really fail to see where this group can take their act in the future, unless they tour like "The Blue Man Group".
Susan has a much bigger and brighter future ahead of her. If she does tour, her performances will be instant sell outs, somehow I can't see that same thing happening for Diversity.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 am

Aikengmom wrote:
I did read that she suffered from exhausion but from all she has been thru I can't blame the poor thing.

I just watched two videos of Piers talking about Susan's exhaustion. He talked w/her for 30 minutes yesterday. She still wants to be a recording star and he feels this will certainly come true for her still.

Yes, everything Susan went through the past several weeks would be very overwhelming. Piers said the negative press was what affected her alot, too.

Praying Susan will recover soon and do her career at her leisure.
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Aikengmom

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:16 am

I heard they are going to recount the votes, that someone thinks it was rigged.

I don't think they will do themselves justice if they do.
Back to top Go down
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Domani

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Personally I think the voting was rigged. I was contacted by someone from youtube about putting my vote in and I'm not eligible to vote being from the US.

That in itself tells me that the voting is/was rigged. I think they should go over ALL the voting records just to make sure
Back to top Go down
http://peacefulpalace.com/forum
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:31 pm

englishrose wrote:
Did you know susan is in a private clinic? I have heard and read different versions so won't comment on any. I pray she will be ok.

Englishrose.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h5vx2NvgZVQdM8Y26yslSqMV8djgD98ILPKG0

From Associated Press. Should be trustworthy.
Back to top Go down
boxerpaws
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
boxerpaws

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:10 pm

they call themselves a dance troupe. My word-they were a tumbling act.The folks in the US have a whole different outlook on this.We have tons of the same types of gorups here. If you've seen one,you've seen a dozen.And we probably have a large group of 'baby boomers' who are looking for a timeless kind of talent.Enough of the teenage stuff.Whole DIFFERENT pov.Not knocking the Brits,ok,but the UK can keep em.

Last edited by boxerpaws on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shehastalent.ning.com/
boxerpaws
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
boxerpaws

PostSubject: The REAL winner   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Quote :
I saw Diversity on YouTube and their performance did nothing for me.
and some(note i said SOME)of the British public went wild. It's a tumbling act you could put together anywhere here on the streets of the US in probably a year.
Give me a break.
Back to top Go down
http://shehastalent.ning.com/
englishrose
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
englishrose

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:11 pm

NOT ALL THE BRITS AS YOU CALL US liked Diversity. I voted for the person who in my opinion had the most talent Susan. Now she is in a clinic very exhausted from all the hype.
Her dress on the night of the final did not arrive until 15 minutes before she was due on stage, that was stressfull apart from bad publicity from the press . no one knows what she intends to do , but given plenty of rest she may become the professional singer she has always wanted. I agree dance groups a tow a penny but someone like Susan only comes along once in a while.

Englishrose.
Back to top Go down
englishrose
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
englishrose

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:31 pm

NOT ALL OF US BRITIS AS YOU CALL US VOTED for Diversity. dance groups are two a penny, I voted for the person who had the most talent on the night......indeed the whole series Susan. Now she is in a clinc the victim of all the hype, the bad press and the last straw that broke the camels back was her dress on the night of the finall didn't arrive until 15 minutes before she was due on stage. no one is sure what her plans are, but if left alone and have plenty of rest perhaps she will become the professional singer she has always wanted to be.

Englishrose.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Piers said when he talked with Susan she wants to be a recording star still. Also, her brother has said the same thing.

I agree the dance group is more common but that Susan has true talent (a gift). But I guess with Susan coming in 2nd (God's way, I feel), this will allow her to perform/work more at her leisure....rather than having to fulfill what BGT wants her to do.

P.S. I heard her record will be show tunes!! Hooray....so many great songs there.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 am

I have to admit I stopped watching talent shows quite a while back. The person or couple I always thought was outstanding never, ever won. I got so disappointed after a while that I just lost interest.
I still think that Susan didn't lose, she actually won by not winning. As I said, now she is free of any contractual obligations and she is free to begin her career.
I'm not a big fan of Diversity, but they did do an awesome job. I just can't see where their act has any long term sustainability, whereas Susan has a long career ahead of her. It makes us seem petty when we disagree with the decision, so let's rise above the occasion and follow Susan's gracious behaviour when she came in second. We have no way of knowing what her contractual obligations may have been if she won, but I suspect that those conditions may have been not in Susan's best interests. Truthfully I only wanted her to win because I wanted her to show the world that's it's wrong to prejudge people.
Because I am a Christian, I believe that God has a very specific plan for Susan, She is far from finished sharing her gift and her lessons with the world.
Back to top Go down
Multilingual
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Multilingual

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Blue Moon,

thank you for opening my eyes and reminding me that everything happens for a reason. I have always said this. I agree with you totally. So many times in my life what has happened was the best thing.

If Susan will be free of contractual obligations by NOT of winning, and we did see cash register ching chings in Simon's eyes, she will be able to be free to do what she wants. I hope that she will be a free agent and consider many people, not just Mr. Cowell.

My only worry, and I would like some comments on this and perhaps it should be another thread, but.... I am concerned about Susan's rather eccentric behavior, i.e. the hip waving and "Piercey baby" and the like. I know we need to have fun, and I guess combining singing talent and some comic relief could also be a good combination. What do all of your think?
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Aikengmom

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:01 pm

I think Susan acts out because of nerves and doesn't know how not to. With the kind of life she had, she has learned how to cope but not how she should cope.

A lot was put on her shoulders just because she was a slow learner doesn't mean she is stupid, far from it. In todays world they know how to teach and give them tools on learning. Her siblings did the easy thing, leave her to take care of mom and we don't have to do a darn thing.

She was used by her brothers and they will do it again if she earns even a dime they will claim some of it. I hope someone takes over her career that is honest and not her brothers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK   I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am totally disappointed with the voting public in the UK
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next