Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySupport

Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?

Go down 
+13
boxerpaws
madforsue
IvoryMist
Debp
GritsT
Blue Moon
kscasford
nikkirae
Aikengmom
M L
Domani
Admin
Multilingual
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Multilingual
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Multilingual

Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Empty
PostSubject: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Everyone!
I would like your opinion. I have watched this video so many times and have it practically memorized. I asked all of you to notice the peaceful looks and NON-SARCASTIC smiles on each of the judges' faces right before she begins to sing. I think Simon gave it away when he TRUTHFULLY said that "he knew the minute you walked on stage". This was not Simon Crowell sarcasm!

I think that the producers saw that they had a gem during pre-tryouts and I am convinced that this was a suprise only to the audience. I have talked to several people here in Israel about this and they wholeheartedly agree that the judges knew.

What is your take on this?

Mark

Last edited by Multilingual on Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/markhschwartz
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm not certain but I think what happens is the producers hold auditions first, record them and then afterwards they decide who goes through. I'm not entirely sure but I don't think the judges see the video they just know that the producers have selected them and by their looks when she came on stage I don't think they knew she was that good. But perhaps they might have. I'd be interested to hear what others think about this.
Back to top Go down
http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Domani

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:27 pm

Tough question. I'm not totally convinced that the judges knew beforehand. They might have known that she could sing, and wasn't really horrible, but I don't think they knew just how well she could sing.
Back to top Go down
http://peacefulpalace.com/forum
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:34 pm

I think maybe what could happen after the producers have interviews them is the judges recieve some sort of report when the auditioness come on, those pieces of paper must have something on Very Happy that might say wether they're good, average or just for a laugh etc. so perhaps they knew Susan wasn't bad but just never imagined how good she would actually be.
Back to top Go down
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
M L

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:15 am

Not being that familiar with Ms. Holden or Mr. Morgan, I can't comment on their actual involvement or reactions. But it seems Simon has to be jet lagged most of the time going back and forth from the USA and England and with all the people he has to see for the various projects he's involved with, I don't think he could have time to preview them all. I would believe from the American Idol series that the judges have to sort through quite a bit of untalented people and that must be the case for BGT.

I don't think they knew how very talented Miss Boyle was. I notice at least on AI that Simon tries at least to compose his features prior to a contestant singing out of respect and I just don't think any of them thought Susan was going to deliver the goods the way she did.

As for what I thought before she sang, I've lived long enough to know that there are surprises at every corner of life and the way Susan smiled before singing, I totally believed her when she said she was going to rock the audience. She possesses such confidence in her singing ability and it comes through her eyes when she smiles.
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Aikengmom

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:14 am

I read all of the above post and have to agree it could happen. But I don't think the judges knew what was coming up because of the leer that the women judge gave to the other judge as if to say here we go again.

The more Susan sang the more emotional the judges got and that is a compliment coming from them.
Back to top Go down
nikkirae
nikkirae

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:23 pm

I tend to be a Pollyanna when it comes to people, and in my opinion no I don't think the judges had any idea that Susan could sing as well as she did. I've watched the initial video over and over, and it all looks on the up and up to me.
Back to top Go down
kscasford
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
kscasford

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:34 pm

I do not think the judges really knew. I think the hosts were in on it. Part of the "charm" of the program is shock value. I do think the producers(including Simon Cowell) edited it to rip our hearts out, and they were successful. They show her eating, saying she was looking to put Glasgow on the map and it was downhill from there, rolling eyes, suppressed giggles, cat calls, and a condescending interview by Simon. Look at the young man, Shaheen, I think, he just "happens" to have two sound tracks, one horrible song and one that Simon loved. So, yes the production is contrived, but I don't think the judges reactions were.
What I don't think ANYONE expected was the total worldwide support of Ms. Boyle. And good on her. And her new look.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:39 pm

kscasford wrote:

What I don't think ANYONE expected was the total worldwide support of Ms. Boyle. And good on her. And her new look.

I certainly didn't expect it, when I heard her I knew she'd go big in England but I never expected how big she would be worldwide until she actually won the competition assuming she does.
Back to top Go down
Multilingual
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Multilingual

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:35 pm

OK. I ask the majority of you who are not paying attention to what I wrote in my original post to check again and pay careful attention. Please note the peaceful look and NON sarcastic smile on Piers and Amanda seconds before the camera goes and Susan and she begans to sing. Please replay this and notice what I am describing. I still feel like the judges were briefed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/markhschwartz
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Domani

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:55 pm

It's very possible Multi. But, could it be that they were just being polite? I mean, I can't watch the show here in the US, but for those who can, do they do this with other acts?
Back to top Go down
http://peacefulpalace.com/forum
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 pm

I'm still not sure. I know I read somewhere that the producers know beforehand, and Simon is a producer......which makes me wonder. I think it's terrible that this show is not aired world wide now. We have to wait for a you tube video release before we can see anything. Susan has made Britain's Got Talent, a show everyone wants to watch, (insert whine here)!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Do they not show it in the US anymore? We'll be getting Americas Got Talent over here soon.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:09 pm

I don't know about the US, but we don't get it here in Canada.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:09 pm

* gaah, me and my double posts!!*
Back to top Go down
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
M L

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:15 pm

To the best of my knowledge, we don't get BGT here in the USA. At least we don't where I live. I'll have to wait for the YouTube again. Darn it.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:39 pm

ML, is that your dog in your avi? He/she is adorable.
Back to top Go down
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
M L

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:42 pm

That would be BelBien's Remarkable Boy, AKA Remy, RemyRumproast, TeddyLove. He is a Tibetan Terrier, the son of our departed but never forgotten American Champion Charisma's Costumes 'n Candy. He is the light of my life but please, PLEASE don't let my cats know I said that. They might riot and overturn my dictatorship. LOL
Back to top Go down
GritsT
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
GritsT

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:39 am

I hate to think that there would be "goings-on" prior to her actual audition...........since the only things surfacing now are old recordings, it surely would not have been an easy accomplishment...........besides, I actually got the feeling that Susan "fed" on the audience reaction............when she began to realize she was indeed "singing in front of a large audience" and that they LOVED her...........her voice strengthened even more and she was loving it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.TrueValue.com/plantation
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Aikengmom

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:51 am

She was confident the whole time even before she sang. What a women, we could all learn from her. Be happy with what God gave us and stop complaining about the things that are not perfect.
Back to top Go down
GritsT
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
GritsT

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:23 am

In re-reading your question and the responses, I truly think the judges were turning their attention to Susan with open minds...........out of respect for her, as they would and do with any contestant. I just don't get a sense of anything "smelly" retarding the entire event and the way it has unfolded. I don't think I will ever quit being touched when I watch that video!
Back to top Go down
http://www.TrueValue.com/plantation
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:55 am

I don't think the judges were tipped off. They might have had the "non-sarcastic smiles" because they were trying to be nicer to a very pleasant, somewhat older lady.

I sure wish we'd get Britain's Got Talent here in the USA.
Back to top Go down
IvoryMist
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
IvoryMist

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:01 pm

You can get some of Britains Got Talent on youtube.

There is a fantastic ballet singer who might give Susan a run for her money!
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:27 pm

The problem with You Tube is that you only get a portion, those of us who can't watch the show would really like to see it in it's entirety. I liked the little ballet singer, but she needs a lot more to give Susan a run for her money.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Blue Moon wrote:
The problem with You Tube is that you only get a portion, those of us who can't watch the show would really like to see it in it's entirety. I liked the little ballet singer, but she needs a lot more to give Susan a run for her money.

http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com/watch-full-episodes-f21/ Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next