Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySupport

Susan Boyle - An Act of God

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

Susan Boyle - An Act of God Empty
PostSubject: Susan Boyle - An Act of God   Susan Boyle - An Act of God Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:32 am

I found this very interesting and meaningful. Hope you all enjoy it as well.

For years she sang her songs in obscurity. She faithfully took care of her aging mother. She volunteered at her church and all the while she harbored a dream that someday she could be a professional singer. But the clock was ticking and her years multiplied past the youthful season that the world finds so attractive.

But God was watching. He saw her faithfulness to her loving mother. He watched all those times she willing gave herself to Him as she served in her church. He took note of all those little acts of kindness that makes someone attractive to Him.

So after a time of intense grieving in the wake of her beloved mother’s death, God looked upon this one that was in so much sorrow. He counted her tears and multiplied them into her heart’s desire and the dream came true.

By now I hope everyone has learned of her story; how Susan Boyle, an average middle-aged woman walked upon the stage of “Britain’s Got Talent” television show and quickly turned a skeptical, jeering audience to a rapturously cheering fan club the minute she opened her mouth and began to sing.

One of the judges who had just participated in the massive standing ovation said, “We were all being cynical…this was a wake-up call.” Susan’s triumph in front of the judges of the contest and those who had been judging her in the audience was a living illustration of a Biblical principle that God intends for us all - Man looks upon the outward appearance, but God sees the heart.” (I Samuel 16:7). We have all been part of a beautifully orchestrated set-up for a divine punchline played out before the entire world.

When Susan walked out upon that stage for the first time, she was God’s “Least of These” although no one could see the queen abiding in that middle-aged disguise except the One who had engineered her victory at this particular moment in His perfect timing. God communicates with us in many ways and this particular parable is one of them. And it goes beyond the obvious lesson we’ve just discussed.

Susan’s choice of song was “I Dreamed a Dream” from “Les Misérables,” a musical based on Victor Hugo’s famous novel about social injustice. I’m sure Susan chose the song because it would show her range and what she could accomplish musically. But I believe God had other motives as He led her to make this selection, for it was the perfect compliment to the lesson He was hoping we would learn. There is a world full of people like Susan, who are so special in His eyes, yet they are despised and rejected; victims of a world whose standards are so far removed from the heart of our Creator.

We hear in the words of the song Susan sang, the cry of a woman, Victor Hugo’s Fantine, a beautiful, virtuous girl who fell and was abandoned by a man she loved. Her shame produced an illegitimate child and as she struggled to provide for her daughter, Cosette, she cried, “I thought God would be forgiving.” He forgives, but we all must live with the consequences of our actions. Yet, her misery is compounded by the lack of compassion and the dishonesty of the people she desperately needs to support her in her time of need, which leads her into more sin and her death.

We listen to the words of the song Susan is singing and while we are being awed by the beautiful gift of her voice, a gift that turned our hearts from judging to loving acceptance, let’s continue meditating on the lesson as the days go by. The world isn’t that much different than the one that is described by the French author’s pen. Victor Hugo saw a world of Fantines needing our help. He saw the needs of the oppressed, of “The Least of These” and he tried to open our eyes so that maybe some of us would care enough to make things better for someone else.

When Victor Hugo died, he was a very successful man, yet he insisted on being buried in a pauper’s coffin. He continued to illustrate for us an identification with the poor even in his death.

As Susan sings, let’s listen to the words of the song and remember where it came from. Let’s never forget this parable and applaud an act of God.

copyright 2009 by Hannah Shively
www.cafelogos.org
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle - An Act of God   Susan Boyle - An Act of God Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:09 pm

When Victor Hugo died, he was a very successful man, yet he insisted on being buried in a pauper’s coffin. He continued to illustrate for us an identification with the poor even in his death.
Victor Hugo had the unhappyness to see his daughter drown and die... after that he tried spiritism to try to get in contact with her... I understand he was extremely sad but doing things God forbids is not an example for others and was certainly not good for him
Back to top Go down
http://yapapire.blogg.org/
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle - An Act of God   Susan Boyle - An Act of God Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:04 am

Bruno wrote:
Victor Hugo had the unhappyness to see his daughter drown and die... after that he tried spiritism to try to get in contact with her... I understand he was extremely sad but doing things God forbids is not an example for others and was certainly not good for him

Bruno, you are right. God forbids spiritism (occult practices) as we are supposed to trust in God instead.

Hugo experienced a horrifying event in the loss of his daughter like that....too bad he did not realize that his daughter was now in the presence of God where there is no more pain, suffering or tears.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle - An Act of God   Susan Boyle - An Act of God Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:34 am

Grief like that can be overpowering. They say losing a child is the worst pain a parent can go through. I think God has forgiven Hugo for his momentary lapse.
Now back to Susan, never before has a singer had such an impact on me. I have my favourite songs and all that, but there is something about Susan that just cannot be defined.
One of the things I truly believe is that Angles live and walk among us. I think Susan could be an Angel, sent by God to remind us that everyone has a purpose, and all life is sacred.
While we all may never be as famous as Susan, we too have a purpose, even if we do not know what it is. Every act of kindness we extend, whether to a friend or a stranger, is our way of demonstrating the "God" in each of us. Probably most of us will always be just ordinary people, but God prefers ordinary people, that's why he made so many of them. At some point in time we will all shine as brilliantly as Susan, maybe just in not such a public way.
We all have opportunities to touch people's lives, and you are very much mistaken if you think you have not touched someone in a special way. You may never know it, but that's fine. The one who needs to know, already does.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle - An Act of God   Susan Boyle - An Act of God Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:40 am

We never know how much a simple act of kindness or some kind, friendly words might mean to someone....it might mean enough to save somebody's life or at least to give them some hope that they are not entirely friendless. As a Christian, I believe the Holy Spirit can use us, if we'll yield to the Lord.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susan Boyle - An Act of God   Susan Boyle - An Act of God Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1