Share | 

Let's discuss the early Susan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Let's discuss the early Susan   Wed May 06, 2009 6:19 pm

I've listened to the early recordings of Susan and at first I was surprised she didn't win the talent one. But then, I listened to them again. And again. It's hard to be unbiased, but although Susan was good back then, she really wan't great.
She sang the songs well, she hit every note, but there was something missing. It's taken me a long time to figure out what it was. It was the passion. The full voice wasn't there. There was a big difference between the early recordings and Cry me a River and I Dreamed a Dream.
I don't think it was the time for Susan back then to be great. But it sure is her time now. Her voice has a richness to it now that wasn't there before.
Back to top Go down
http://peacefulpalace.com/forum
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Let's discuss the early Susan   Thu May 07, 2009 1:48 am

Yes, Susan's voice does have a richness to it now.....probably due to the suffering in her life. So her emotions come across true and strongly now in her singing. They also did when she did Cry Me a River 10 years ago.

The performances done when she was 22 don't have that quality, although she was certainly good. I posted one performance from 1984 under the Video Gallery....she's singing The Way We Were.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Let's discuss the early Susan   Thu May 07, 2009 7:56 pm

I think that without life's experiences you can't really sing a song that evokes pain and longing, or whatever emotion that song is meant to portray.
That is why we are so in love with Susan. She's close to our age, and she's had those experiences, so when she sings she can more accurately "feel" the song's message.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Let's discuss the early Susan   Fri May 08, 2009 4:13 am

Blue Moon wrote:
I think that without life's experiences you can't really sing a song that evokes pain and longing, or whatever emotion that song is meant to portray.
That is why we are so in love with Susan. She's close to our age, and she's had those experiences, so when she sings she can more accurately "feel" the song's message.

True, Susan definitely feels the emotions of the songs and it really comes out of her so naturally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's discuss the early Susan   

Back to top Go down

Let's discuss the early Susan
Page 1 of 1