PortalHomeFAQRegisterLog inGallerySupport

Share | 

Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:53 pm

None of those videos will play for me. Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Blue Moon wrote:
None of those videos will play for me. Sad Crying or Very sad

That's strange, what does it say?
Back to top Go down
http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:57 pm

Episode one should work now, you just need to be directed to YT that's all. I'll try get it sorted so they play on here.
Back to top Go down
madforsue
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:02 pm

Multilingual wrote:
OK. I ask the majority of you who are not paying attention to what I wrote in my original post to check again and pay careful attention. Please note the peaceful look and NON sarcastic smile on Piers and Amanda seconds before the camera goes and Susan and she begans to sing. Please replay this and notice what I am describing. I still feel like the judges were briefed!

I think we just can't know from the tv version of the event we were given to see - way too much editing (and editing out) went in, so it's really anybody's guess what the judges were thinking and how the audience really reacted prior to susan's singing (or even during, i should say, i've listened very closely to the clip and some of the massive cheers were definitely added over the soundtrack later on).

Here's some live witness accounts of what happened in there:

Quote :
Interesting editing -

I was at the Glasgow taping, and a lot has been left out with the woman singer. At the end, Amanda Holden says "everyone was against her" and that it was her "privelege" to hear her sing. WELL! When the woman first said she was going to sing I dreamed a dream, Amanda laughed and told her to sing a Britney Spears song instead and was basically encouraging the woman to dance about and make an arse of herself.

However, when the woman finally sang the song (after persuading the judges she should be allowed to sing it) Holden changed her tune instantly and said the woman was an inspiration.

and this

Quote :
I've heard her before on karaoke & have to admit that I wasn't expecting that from her. I knew she was a good singer but didn't realise how good she was though as I've been drunk when I heard her before & anything sounds good when you're drunk, even me...

There were a few other people I knew in the crowd from Blackburn who were there at the same time as me, a couple of seats in front of me shouting 'Sambo' when she came out, a name she's known by through here, and they were laughing when she started giving it all the patter but were giving a standing ovation at the end.

She used to burst into song down the Mill Centre in Blackburn & acts the same in the street as she does on TV.

A truly deserving winner

Susan herself has said she didn't expect to be THAT good, and it was her first time singing in front of such a large and responsive crowd (a bit like at a rock concert, really), so I think even if the judges were told beforehand she had a great voice, I still think there was an element of genuine surprise there for all in attendance.

PS. By the way, nice forum!
Back to top Go down
IvoryMist
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:03 am

from Simon...in another article

Simon Cowell has claimed that recent press coverage could harm Susan Boyle's career prospects.

The music mogul insisted that the media should focus on the Britain's Got Talent star's singing ability rather than her personal life and fashion choices.

"The problem is with all the substories about the cat and how she looks," Cowell is quoted by The People as saying.

"I'm tired of hearing about the way she looks or the kissing, or this or that. Susan mustn't become a gimmick."

Boyle has become an internet sensation since her audition aired on the ITV1 talent show two weeks ago.

However, yesterday it emerged that Cowell had warned the star to focus on the competition rather than the media hype which currently surrounds her.

He also suggested that things could go "horribly wrong" for the 47-year-old spinster at the semi-final stages.

I want to ask...has this show finished already..because Simon once said it was in January that Susan Boyle had sung. Or are the semi-finals and finals live?
Back to top Go down
boxerpaws
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:22 am

i've watched the you tube video of Boyle's performance zillions of times..but then i've watched some of the other contestants and how the judges talked to them and responded to them.

If you watch JUST the Boyle video you MIGHT conclude it's a set up.

If you watch and compare the judges with the other performers(including some really lousy ones)then you can tell that it was NOT a set up.

Don't base it on the Boyle video alone. You have to see how the judges are w/ other ppl and have something to compare it to.

As for the little girl (ballerina)giving Susan a run for her money;she is good no doubt.Here is where Ms Boyle stands out.
You can listen to each of these perfomers sing and you know they are doing a popular cover song that someone else has already done. Given the choice to listen to the original or to their performance if you can say the original, or one's AS GOOD as the other ,that's one thing.Now when you listen to Susan Boyle you hear something unique and you listen to her over and over-you appreciate the original artist but truthfully you would like to listen to her version as much as or more than the other.

She has that something. I don't mean her looks. They didn't throw me at all.
Her voice IS unique. That song was her. She enveloped herself in it. She was THERE.
It was all of that.
If she can find another song that she can wrap herself in like I dreamed a dream she will be outstanding.She has a stage presence.It's not fake or contrived.It comes from the heart.
In this day and age that's rare.
I've heard a few ppl over the internet-a very few that you could count on one hand-complaining about "the hype."
This is NOT hype. What this was is a woman touching millions of ppl the world over for various and many reasons.
Hype is something media driven.In this instance it was people driven.
A Madonna,a Britney Spears..a zillion other 'rock stars' are media driven hype.
This one has been in trouble with the law,this one has done drugs,this one got drunk,this one slept with so and so,this one divorced the spouse in a few months etc etc etc.
Talent? Mostly smutty disgusting lyrics that get ppl in the news.
A sick kind of sensationalism.Maybe just maybe because MS BOYLE was none of that and actually HAS talent and chose to sing a beautiful song is why she has caught on.
She is truly a wake up call from God.
Back to top Go down
http://shehastalent.ning.com/
Multilingual
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:42 am

Thanks Madforsue. I sure wish I could have seen it live. I am now very cynical about the YouTube clip created by BGT. It is obviously so edited that I just don't know what to believe any more. I now find Amanda Holden a disgusting hussy now that I know what she said to Susan! I am through with all these contests. I am just focusing on our wonderful Susan and her career.

Simon was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and is not a self-made man by any stretch of the imagination. I find his sarcasm and lack of respect intolerable. I find I can't stand Amanda now. I don't know much about Piers. No more BGT.

Did anyone record the entire segment so it can be seen without all the "clever" editing??
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/markhschwartz
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:52 am

I agree with you, Multilingual. I was upset with what Amanda Holden said and did to Susan. And this just proves to me what a lady Susan is to have continued on to sing as well as she did. I haven't watched the other contestants' performances because I'm going to wait patiently for Susan's CD. If she doesn't win BGT, it will not change how I feel about her voice. Or more importantly, how I feel about her as a person!
Back to top Go down
madforsue
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:55 am

Multilingual wrote:
Simon was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and is not a self-made man by any stretch of the imagination. I find his sarcasm and lack of respect intolerable. I find I can't stand Amanda now. I don't know much about Piers. No more BGT.

Did anyone record the entire segment so it can be seen without all the "clever" editing??

Ok, I think there are two things that should be said:

1) Susan herself is a big fan of this show and was watching it with her mother who encouraged her to participate, I mean she clearly enjoyed the rough humour of the show and she definitely knew what she was getting herself into.

2) I would be very surprised if people in a reality tv audience were allowed to film the proceedings on their own, be it on mobile phones or else. That would be major copyright enfringement and, more importantly, would completely ruin the surprise effect of the whole contest once it gets on tv. Remember youtube...

The live tv auditions before the 3 judges are held in january-february. Before that there are very short selection auditions in front of backstage producers and those are held in the fall. The tv show kicks in in April and there are 5 (or 6) prerecorded episodes shown on the weekend. And of course the live auditions are edited and packaged for maximum effect on tv. Yes, it's part film editing, part reality. Personally that doesn't bother me very much, So, yeah, some of the stuff was added, and some of the stuff was removed, but it still depends on the performer in the end to create that stage magic like we saw with Susan.

Actually, boxerpaws said it best, it was completely and totally unique. Glad we didn't have to see any of that Amanda Holden crap!

IvoryMist wrote:
I want to ask...has this show finished already..because Simon once said it was in January that Susan Boyle had sung. Or are the semi-finals and finals live?

If I recall correctly, the semi-finals and finals are shown live, I believe. The semis are on May 16 (or 26? something like that). And the finals are sometime in June. So we can expect two more live performances from Susan on that show.
Back to top Go down
IvoryMist
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:14 am

Listen to this song..it is beautiful...Susan will sing it next...and am sure she will do it justice.
Here...by another artist...just hope it will not have that long intro though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZdyBHfL7ac
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:25 am

I have never heard that song before, it's beautiful. I'm still stuck at whining because we don't get this show in Canada.
I wonder if my husband would be open to moving.......
Back to top Go down
Multilingual
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:07 pm

OK, everyone, please help me get this straight.

The famous video is an edited version of what was seen LIVE on April 11th? Or was this filmed back in January and just AIRED on April 11th. If so, this was one of the biggest and well-kept secrets in show biz history?

I would like for someone to clear this up for me. I thought that what was seen on April 11 on British TV as LIVE, but now I read here and there that it was filmed in January.

HELP!
Back to top Go down
madforsue
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:37 pm

Yes, filmed in january, aired in April.

I am fairly certain nobody had a clue this would be such a massive hit on a global scale. Proof: they're not making any money off it on youtube as yet.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:05 pm

They aren't making money actually because they didn't negotiate a deal with You Tube and it's advertisers. They missed the boat on that one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Apparently ITV are regretting it, not making some sort of deal on the videos.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:22 pm

The real tragedy is that Susan would have received money from this as well. Who knows how much she just missed out on, it's a crying shame.
Back to top Go down
Minzy
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Multi, {mark} I tend to agree with the fact that all 3 judges knew "something" a little. I've been a fan of AI since day 1, and BGT, AGT as well. I know by know "how trewfull" and blunt Simon is, as I'm the same way.
I also think the 2 other judges had a little fact before the perfermance started. You can't fool Piers either. He's worse than Simon as far as a critic. And YES to all of your questions.
WE do.have had AGT in the USA.. twice judeges. Piers, Sharon Osbourn, and David H.

But I'm telling you.. when Susan B. cheers my husband and I about died with the tears. She is 1 talent that is..
THE BEST!!
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:46 pm

I saw somewhere, but I forget where now, Piers saying yes they knew about Susan, but they had no idea that she would explode onto the scene in the way that she did. They completely underestimated the impact Susan would have. That leads me to believe that they assumed Susan would be judged solely on her looks and not on her talent or the message Susan gifted the world with. In hindsight if they had known then I do think some measures of protection would have been in place. No matter the outcome, and in spite of what it could be perceived as, they do now need to put such measures in place. Copy rights need to be filed, and a marketing team needs to be set up whereby Susan and Susan alone profits from any sales that depict any likenesses of Susan. We've all spoken of our deep regard for Susan and the way she has been exploited. She's already been denied the profits from her You Tube video, she shouldn't be left alone in the cold, so to speak, and denied any more money to which she is morally, legally, and ethically entitled to.
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Sun May 31, 2009 2:24 am

I am devestated that Susan took second but I don't consider dancers in any way competion for singers. I admit they were good but come on why pit them against singers?

She will still get a cd contract I am sure. I just hope the US can get it when it is done.

She did a wonderful job and I know we haven't heard the last of this gracious lady.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Sun May 31, 2009 3:43 am

I'm just checking in now and haven't seen Susan's latest performance. But it sounds like a dance troupe beat her??!!??

I'm going to buy her CD for sure. And I certainly hope like you all, that she can get some income from people using her likeness, etc.
Back to top Go down
Multilingual
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Sun May 31, 2009 11:34 pm

Long after people scarcely remember the names of Piers, Amanda and even Simon, they will remember Susan Boyle. Those people who are not aware of AI, AGT and BGT really don't know these judges, and frankly they don't care about schrewd Simon's empire. I am sure that Susan will surpass even Simon's alleged Wikipedia stated fortune of US$200Million. I hope she does and creates the biggest charitable foundation for very worthy causes and gives Bill Gates' Foundation a run for its money.

All of here in Israel are cheering her on and wish her much success!

Best of luck Susan!!
בהצלחה סוזן!!!!
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Sun May 31, 2009 11:46 pm

I am just happy she has a recording contract with Simon and will continue to allow everyone hear her wonderful voice.

We may not like Simon at times but he does help those with talent. Susan will do well and she deserves everything she achieves.

Let's hope her brothers stay out of her busines and don't steal her blind she is a sweet trusting person.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:40 am

Aikengmom wrote:
I am just happy she has a recording contract with Simon and will continue to allow everyone hear her wonderful voice.

We may not like Simon at times but he does help those with talent. Susan will do well and she deserves everything she achieves.

Let's hope her brothers stay out of her busines and don't steal her blind she is a sweet trusting person.

Glad to hear she has a contract with Simon. He does know the music field and I'm sure he will be a great help to Susan. After her performance at the final, Simon said some very nice, lengthy things to Susan and told her he thought she should win!!

And, Mark (Multi), glad to hear all of Israel loves Susan....
Back to top Go down
Anghelita
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:20 pm

Though I admit that I never got to see all her performances... they don't show it over here but I read the paper almost everyday for updates on Susan. Though it's disappointing that she did not win the finals, but to me and many others out there, she is the undisputed winner. She nailed it despite having so much pressure. She dared to dream and lived that dream She's just simply amazing.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:02 am

Anghelita wrote:
Though I admit that I never got to see all her performances... they don't show it over here but I read the paper almost everyday for updates on Susan. Though it's disappointing that she did not win the finals, but to me and many others out there, she is the undisputed winner. She nailed it despite having so much pressure. She dared to dream and lived that dream She's just simply amazing.

Are you able to see the videos I posted in the "Video" section? I posted Susan's auditions there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?   

Back to top Go down

Were the judges tipped off beforehand regarding her extraordinary talent?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next