Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySupport

Oprah anger some of her fans...

Go down 
+4
boxerpaws
Aikengmom
Domani
Blue Moon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

Oprah anger some of her fans... Empty
PostSubject: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:54 am

I found this in Oprah's community board forum...

*****I rarely watch Oprah because I don't particularly care for her. Today, I had changed the channel to catch the news at five and it was during the last ten or so minutes of her show. When I heard Susan Boyle's name mentioned, I walked back into the living room and watched because this woman touched my heart so much. After watching an auditorium of people, including the judges, make assumptions and judgements on her was awful and then to hear that voice..... it was like the ultimate underdog. Everybody thought that she was going to be a nobody and she stood strong on that stage and took all their criticisms and shined like the star she is. After viewing the clip on her show, Oprah and her panel of idiots decide that they want to join in the band wagon and talk about Susan's looks. How original. It wasn't enough that all the other people had to do it to her, but Oprah did too. Like any of them are any better than her. I was so outraged at their stupid, pathetic, and down right vile comments regarding this woman's appearance that I had to do something I never wanted to do; register on this stupid Oprah website and hope that someone in her network of employees read this and tell her how ridiculous she really is. Bottom line, if I were Susan, there would be no amount of money to be on Oprah's show. Susan deserves better than a panel full of people that are going to judge her on her outward appearance rather than who she is as a person. Bravo for reinforcing the standard of judging people based on their looks.

If you choose to respond, don't expect me to answer. I fully intend on deleting my "membership" to this website the second I select post. I don't want to be affiliated with Oprah or anything for which she stands.*****

Now I must admit that I don't watch Oprah, so I missed this particular episode obviously, but I gather they sat around and discussed how they would change Susan's appearance, in effect they would make her glamorous enough to suit the way they want her to look.
My question is who died and made Oprah or any of her panel members God? Did I miss that?

But it isn't only Oprah who is stuck at this particular subject. And while I am musing on various things I have come across, there are far too many who are focused on Susan's statement that she has never been kissed, Susan has repeatedly maintained that statement was simply a joke. From that statement some reports are now labeling Susan as a virgin. Do we really need to delve into that personal aspect of her life? For me the answer is a resounding NO!

Right now Susan is under the microscope of the public and we are devouring every possible piece of information we can get. But we need to control this, in my opinion. Susan deserves more than being dissected publicly. We need to exercise caution and restraint. Above all we need to realize that Susan is entitled to a certain amount of privacy with regards to her private life.

At the risk of offending anyone, we do not need a repeat of Princess Diana's tragic and unnecessary death.
Susan's appeal and fame are happening at a phenomenally high speed, which I am not saying she does not deserve. but we also need to recognize that Susan is special and we don't want to upset that delicate balance she has thus far managed to maintain. She has met everything so far, with grace and dignity and I applaud her for that. I do think that as long as she keeps taking her baby steps, she's going to be just fine.

Now baby steps aside, I am still dying a slow death waiting for more songs, a CD release, movies, anything she does will get instant approval and support from this fan.
Back to top Go down
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Domani

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:49 am

I don't like Oprah either. I used to watch her until one day she had a show on with all black women entertainers. I thought it would be a really good show, and for the most part it was a good show. What really bothered me was how Oprah changed while talking to these women. She started talking to them calling them "sister", and saying things like "yes girl" etc. Not one of the other women said anything like that, they were just being themselves, but Oprah made a big deal out of talking black. Don't get me wrong, I don't care how people talk, usually, but I couldn't understand why she would suddenly change like that. Did she think they would only speak to her if she talked ghetto? It was then that I decided to stop watching her. I feel she's a racist deep down inside and every once in a while it sneaks out.
BTW, have any of you seen Oprah without makeup on? It's not a pretty sight.
Back to top Go down
http://peacefulpalace.com/forum
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Aikengmom

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:17 am

I liked Oprah until I realized she is just as prejudised as she accuses the whites of being. I was a big turn off for me because I always felt she was an educated women and above such nonsense but I was wrong. She is right up front with it.

I turn the station when she is on and will never again look at her the same way again.

She is one plug ugly broad when she isn't dolled up.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:19 am

This message board was filled with similar comments, I only copied the first one. I do wonder what, if any, response Oprah will manage to come up with. She can't retract what has already been seen on TV, and an apology won't cover the actual facts that Oprah is decidedly two-faced.
I suspect that I am quite odd as here I am at 50, housebound and I don't watch daytime TV. Not the soaps, nor the talk shows, nothing like that at all. Having been the victim all my life of mean comments, I choose to be very careful of what I deem is good enough for me to watch.
Trust me, when a comment like, "Holy cow, has anyone called the Whale Watchers to see if they can tow this beached whale back out to sea?" are made loud enough so that they can be assured I hear them is devastating. In much the same way, any comments made at Susan's expense are painful for me to read about.
Then when assumptions are made based on a person's appearance, I cringe. Susan doesn't need Oprah's assistance in any area of her life. In fact quite the opposite seems to be the way to go here. I believe Susan will succeed with no help from Oprah. Truth be told, I think Oprah has a lot more to learn from our beloved Susan.
Back to top Go down
boxerpaws
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
boxerpaws

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:28 am

i don't watch Oprah period and she really did it for me when she campaigned for Obama.

She's another one of these Obama worshippers.

That does it for me. She's supposed to stay out of this stuff and CLAIMS she did.

I don't think so.

Now if she's talking like this about Susan.just one more reason to stay away from her.
Back to top Go down
http://shehastalent.ning.com/
selimron
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
selimron

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:53 am

I have never watched Oprah except when she on TV in Baltimore, Maryland. I will probably not watch her now, unless she has Susan Boyle on. If that happens, I will definitely watch Susan and forget about Oprah as I believe she definitely has "racist" tendencies.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:56 am

I don't watch Oprah either as she seems to be into alot of "New Age" stuff and is influencing too many people that way.

I did read yesterday that Oprah's camera crew went to Susan's home and filmed inside. The article said when Susan appears on Oprah, they will show the film. I will watch Oprah that day....because of wanting to see Susan.
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:33 pm

I guess to watch the reportage I'll have to try with the US networks in Europe... yet it would only be a few images I think... here I catch CNN and CNBC EUROPE... oh and Voice Of America... and too a US Catholic network, EWTN I believe it is called...
Back to top Go down
http://yapapire.blogg.org/
Blue Moon
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:06 pm

So.....simply out of curiosity.....will Oprah now discuss Jamie Pugh? He's got a very nice voice, but did you all notice, not one word about his appearance. He's definitely not handsome, doesn't have washboard abs, yet not one comment about his physical appearance has been made. So why is it, that these comments are ok when made about Susan? Is it because she's female? I'm not saying that these kind of comments are ok, just wondering why we seem to direct them at women while leaving the men out of the equation.
It seems to me, we are so much harsher with women than we are with men, and I find that disturbing.
Back to top Go down
IvoryMist
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
IvoryMist

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:29 am

Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:56 am

IvoryMist wrote:
Here is a clip of Susan on Oprah today.

http://jezebel.com/5249720/susan-boyle-has-no-interest-in-a-makeover

Good answers from Susan!!! I'm sorry I missed that show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oprah anger some of her fans...   Oprah anger some of her fans... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oprah anger some of her fans...
Page 1 of 1