Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySupport

Any Christians here?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

Any Christians here? Empty
PostSubject: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:44 am

I'm a Christian....just wondering if there are others here that believe in Jesus as their Savior? Blessings to all at this site.
Back to top Go down
Canadian Nurse
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Canadian Nurse

PostSubject: I am!   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:26 am

Yes, I am a follower of Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:21 am

Canadian Nurse wrote:
Yes, I am a follower of Jesus.

Glad to "meet" you!! God bless you!
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:48 pm

I wish I was a better Christian than I am... I've read the Bible several times but I don't really follow it... I was a Catholic but became a Baptist after I went to England...
Back to top Go down
http://yapapire.blogg.org/
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:38 am

Bruno wrote:
I wish I was a better Christian than I am... I've read the Bible several times but I don't really follow it... I was a Catholic but became a Baptist after I went to England...

Hi Bruno! Well, just remember it's believing in Jesus as our own Savior that makes us a Christian. Also, Jesus said the greatest commandment is to "love God and love your neighbor as yourself."

I also love Jesus' words "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." That would make a better world, wouldn't it?

God bless you, brother.
Back to top Go down
Anghelita
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Anghelita

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:12 pm

I'm a Catholic... does it count...?
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Anghelita wrote:

Catholics belong to the Christian faith...

It is just a difference of doctrine between Catholics and Protestants...
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 am

Bruno wrote:
Anghelita wrote:

Catholics belong to the Christian faith...

It is just a difference of doctrine between Catholics and Protestants...

That's true, Bruno.

Anghelita, glad to have you join us!
Back to top Go down
Anghelita
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Anghelita

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:36 am

Well, that's true
But I hang out with Baptists more often
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:58 am

Anghelita wrote:
Well, that's true
But I hang out with Baptists more often

And Baptists are Protestant Christians. Different denominations but we all believe in Jesus as our Savior.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:12 am

Any other Christians here that want to introduce themselves? I've been a born again Christian since 1972. The Lord has given me peace and forgiveness of my sins which is a truly blessed thing.
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:52 am

Bruno wrote:
http://bnmulhouse.free.fr/

My church...

Wonderful, Bruno, thanks.....even though I can't read French! Smile

We know the church is actually the people but is your church building old and historic? I love architecture, especially the old kind.

My church looks like a church from England and has a big courtyard and a small garden area. It was built about 1929.
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:22 am

The church (people) was created ca 1920 in Paris... my church was built ca 1950...
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:19 am

I found this very interesting:

from Sandra Crouch, Andrae Crouch's sister (Andrae is a minister of the gospel as well as a singer):

"We loved and respected Michael enormously and we've been friends with him for many, many years, and are deeply saddened by his sudden and tragic death.We recently met with Michael to discuss recording two songs with our choir for his newest recording project. Michael always had a respect and curiosity for spiritual things. During our meeting, not unlike many other creative/music meetings we've had with him the past, we sang together, prayed together and had a wonderful time. We are praying for Michael's family and desire nothing less than God's best for them."

A spokesman for Andrae Crouch added that at the meeting, Jackson "asked for prayer concerning the anointing of the Holy Spirit . . . So Andrae and Sandra explained to him about the anointing and about Jesus."

But did the legendary singer pray to receive Christ? The Crouch spokesman responded: “He did NOT reject Jesus or the prayer when (we) prayed, and gladly joined in prayer . . . There was NO actual ‘sinners prayer’ however, but they did talk and pray about Jesus and the anointing of the Holy Spirit."

Note by Debp: The above paragraph is from the article in Christianity Today. I have put the sentences in bold that I find extremely interesting. I believe the Holy Spirit can indeed work in a heart to draw a person to Christ, even if they do not pray a "specific" prayer. The Lord indeed knows the heart and knows a heart that is searching after Him.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 am

I thought this was very nice so thought I'd post it here. Matthew Henry was an old-time pastor and is well known for his huge Bible commentary.

Taking [a] "servant" attitude of thankfulness in all of life's circumstances will help you react as old Matthew Henry did when he was mugged. He wrote in his diary, "Let me be thankful first because I was never robbed before; second, although they took my purse, they did not take my life; third, because although they took my all, it was not much; and fourth, because it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed."

I wonder if I could be that thankful. Could you?

by Billy Graham in "Unto the Hills"
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:18 am

Thought you might enjoy this music video.....Sandi Patti and Larnelle Harris are really great singers. The song is More than Wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CcebZCl_DM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Christians here?   Any Christians here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Christians here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: