Share | 

Any cat lovers here?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Any cat lovers here?   Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:05 am

Actually, I love all animals but I have 2 cats. They were both rescued from the street....in fact, all of my past cats have been "rescues."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:34 pm

I have 2 dogs. I do like Cats but unfortunately I'm allergic, gets so bad sometimes I find it hard to breath when I'm around them. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:24 am

Admin wrote:
I have 2 dogs. I do like Cats but unfortunately I'm allergic, gets so bad sometimes I find it hard to breath when I'm around them. Crying or Very sad

There is something in a bottle that pet catalogues sell.....you rub it on the cats and it gets rid of the allergic reaction. Another thing to do is to wash them off with water with your hands as it's the saliva on their hair that causes the allergies. Thus get rid of that maybe twice each week and it should help alot.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:10 am

Oh Lord, I have 5 cats and 2 dogs. I kinda prefer animals to people. Our cat Sascha came to us from Alberta, in a big rig. She was given to us by my brother. Misty was a kitten that was born in my house to a cat that a friend owned. Bandit was a kitten that followed the neighbour's children home form a mall on the other side of town. They weren't allowed to keep him, so I scooped him up. Pip and Squeak are the offspring of Bandit and Misty----we didn't get Misty fixed in time..oops!

We got Bailey, our American Cocker Spaniel from an elderly man who bought him on an impulse and then couldn't care for him properly. Jake is the only animal we have actually purchased.

I regret none of my animal acquisitions, they bring joy to my life every day.
Back to top Go down
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:41 pm

I have Rugby the male and Tigresse the female... cats... fixed (as Blue Moon says) when they were 6 months old... now they are about 10 or 11 years-old...

Two days ago Tigresse opened the freezer (above the fridge)... she opened it when she jumped off the top... she likes to be on top...

Rugby sleeps... wonderful cat life...
Back to top Go down
http://yapapire.blogg.org/
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:59 am

Both Misty and Bandit have mastered opening closed closets and cupboard doors. From time to time I hear crashes, so far they have broke nothing.
Nowadays most of my time is centered on our new puppy, Jake. He and our youngest cat Squeak have made friends, and are constantly chasing each other around the kitchen and the living room. For some reason Squeak seems to like when Jake chews on her ears, she'll even lay on the floor to give him easier access. On Saturday we will have had Jake 2 weeks and he is completely at home with us now. He is the best of both parents, he has the Jack Russel smarts and energy, and the Shih Tzu's loving devotion and need to be cuddled.
I truly think I would die without my animal children.
ROFL Bruno I love your description of your babies. Especially "Rugby sleeps... wonderful cat life..." Isn't that the truth?
Mine also go through the "cat crazies", usually around 2 or 3 in the morning. It's not at all unusual to be bounced on as they race through rooms. But all 5 going nuts at that hour is sometimes maddening.
Then they seem to have this competition in the litter box, the one where they see who can toss the litter the most far..........Yeah my cats have it real rough..LOL
Back to top Go down
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:38 pm

When Rugby was a baby he always tried to escape by digging a tunnel through the litter box...
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:15 am

My 2 cats got the "crazies" the other day. The slightly younger one was the aggressor (as usual). She went chasing after the other cat and suddenly I heard a loud crash! Usually they miss hitting into things but this time a jewelry box went flying! Thankfully, nothing got broken but I had to unwind a few neckaces, etc.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:22 am

Bruno wrote:
When Rugby was a baby he always tried to escape by digging a tunnel through the litter box...

OMG, that just cracked me up.

I really wonder what sets cats off to do that mad racing all over the house, up and down the stairs, under the beds. The only way to protect yourself is to make sure your feet are not on the floor. Now Jake does his best to race along with them, but his legs are too tiny, and he constantly slips on the linoleum or the hardwood floor.
The night crazies don't seem to wake him up, thank God.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:34 am

That reminds me of a funny story. A long time ago I knew a "cat lady." She had a multitude of cats in her house.

When the "big" quake happened in 1994, it was pitch dark as all of the lights went out. This lady said all she could feel was all of these cats racing like crazy around her through the doorway (at that time they recommended we stand in doorways for protection). And she said she actually saw sparks from their hair as they raced!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:44 am

We had an earthquake here in Alsace about 8 years ago... a small one as only walls shivered (trembled ?)... I live on the third storey and I felt nothing as most buildings in Alsace are built with anti-sismic stuff... the following day I learnt there was an earthquake the night before and I understood then why suddenly the cats from fooling around when suddenly very calm... sitting still...
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:27 am

Bruno wrote:
We had an earthquake here in Alsace about 8 years ago... a small one as only walls shivered (trembled ?)... I live on the third storey and I felt nothing as most buildings in Alsace are built with anti-sismic stuff... the following day I learnt there was an earthquake the night before and I understood then why suddenly the cats from fooling around when suddenly very calm... sitting still...

Wow, I didn't know you got earthquakes in France, Bruno. Glad to hear your building is built well. So far so good with our building but the news reporters are always talking about the "big one." Sure hope it never happens.

Oh, back to the cats.....do any of you have many stray cats in your town or city? We used to but with the help of an animal volunteer, I got them spayed and neutered. That really helped alot. It's too bad when they breed so much and are homeless.
Back to top Go down
Anghelita
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:06 pm

I used to have 7 cats but only 4 are left now back at home where my mom cares for them
I'm living with my uncle and I'm quite happy to live with 2 cats though I would be happier if I'd be reunited with my beloved kitties.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:16 am

Anghelita wrote:
I used to have 7 cats but only 4 are left now back at home where my mom cares for them
I'm living with my uncle and I'm quite happy to live with 2 cats though I would be happier if I'd be reunited with my beloved kitties.

I'm glad your mom is taking care of them for you. Do you get to see them much? Or are you too far away?
Back to top Go down
Anghelita
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:42 am

Well, we got our cat-loving syndrome from our mom. I'm not that far from home, just about 45 mins by plane but I'm busy here, waiting for interviews and such that I don't have much time to go home anymore. It's been around 7 months since I last saw my fat Cloud and my Paranoid Wong. Correction, only 3 now... Kronk died about 3 months ago...
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:56 am

Anghelita wrote:
Well, we got our cat-loving syndrome from our mom. I'm not that far from home, just about 45 mins by plane but I'm busy here, waiting for interviews and such that I don't have much time to go home anymore. It's been around 7 months since I last saw my fat Cloud and my Paranoid Wong. Correction, only 3 now... Kronk died about 3 months ago...

Sorry to hear about Kronk....always hard when they pass away. But remember the happy times you gave him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:00 pm

I don't have a cat but I'm loving my new avatar. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Any cat lovers here?   Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:52 am