Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallerySupport

Anyone Into American Idol This Season?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
M L

Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:25 am

I've watched it only one other season before but have found myself involved this time. I have to confess I rather like Adam Lambert. He has amazing stage presence most likely due to his years in musical theater. He seems very dedicated to his calling and looks different each week and I always look forward to what he will be doing. If he doesn't win, I would attribute to a form of biggotry in that he is "too" different for the mainstream. That would be sad as I feel he has the chops to be on stage, recorded and in film.

The teenager, Allison, has an amazing voice but for some reason, the public doesn't get into her and she winds up on the bottom a great deal. Perhaps it's hard for us to accept her youth and that voice combined. She does sound many, many years older and maybe she just needs to catch up with that voice. I hope she isn't neglecting her education, too. If she keeps at it, I have no doubt eventually she will be known as a recording artist.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:04 am

I watch each week! I like Danny alot...he has good control of his voice, as does Allison. I also thought Anoop has a great voice for ballads and did give him some votes, too....but he got the boot.
Back to top Go down
GritsT
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
GritsT

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:40 am

I've been watching it all along. I liked Lil at first, but she became disappointing. I think Adam is probably going to win it - he IS very talented. He is so very versatile -- appealing to almost all audiences. I also think America has gotten it right every week...........at least the final 10 get to go on the tour, so they will all get to continue singing for a while -- it's fun to see how their careers unfold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TrueValue.com/plantation
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
M L

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:14 am

Last night with Jamie Fox as their mentor, Danny really upped his game! I thought he was very good. It shows he has potential if he had a coach to work with him. He isn't as stage savvy as Adam is.

Adam was over the top and fun. His comfort with himself, his trained voice and stage presence are light years ahead of the other contestants. I don't view Adam as a "pop star" but more of an all around entertainer. It's been quite a while since there's been anyone like that and I know for some people, it isn't their cup of tea. I like it. I enjoy a good show when a performer steps out on the stage to give us a good time.

Like him or not, Adam Lambert is one of the most interesting performers to come along in a long time and he shakes things up. I'm thinking amongst Paul Potts, Susan Boyle and Adam Lambert, Simon is going to wind up being at the top of his league working with those three.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 am

Well, Adam is an entertainer but too flamboyant last night for me.
Back to top Go down
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
M L

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:25 am

Looks like many people in America agreed with you regarding Adam being too flamboyant, Debp.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:20 am

M L wrote:
Looks like many people in America agreed with you regarding Adam being too flamboyant, Debp.

Yes, I was actually surprised about Adam being in the bottom 3.

With so few contestants now, it's hard to see them go. I thought My Funny Valentine was pretty....done by Matt? Sorry for my memory loss! Laughing But I wondered if Matt had been coached by a well known singer rather than by Jamie Fox, if Matt would have done better?
Back to top Go down
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
M L

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:47 am

Jamie Fox seemed to hit paydirt with Danny by getting right in his face, the way a camera would be and which is the style of director Michael Mann. That worked incredibly for him.

As for Matt, I actually think Jamie Fox coaching him messed things up for him. That said, I have no doubt Matt will have a career. He's very likeable and just needs to keep at it and not give up.

And little Allison. She is an amazing talent but I cringe when I hear very young girls singing songs so too grown up. I'd rather she finish her education and in the meantime, get a good coach who will help her protect her voice. Also, she needs a great deal of help on her diction. I believe she is a natural talent and very cute if she didn't go to the extreme with her hair and clothing. But, heck, that's being a teenager. She has an adorable face and I have no doubt she will have a career. She's too young to have enough confidence to deal with that world.

I'm still in Adam's corner, probably because I am a fan of classical music and I can see how well-trained he is. What people call "screeching" is not that but a rare gift called passaggio and he was born with the ability to sing in the high ranges of a soprano. When he flattens his tongue, it is a control technique they are taught to protect their voices by relaxing. While that is not a problem on a stage, when the camera is practically in your throat, it is distracting. I understand he is working on that.

To be honest, I almost hope he doesn't win so he won't be tired to American Idol. He has what it takes to be in films and on stage and to record. But I do know music is a personal issue and he isn't what a number of people like.

I do agree, too, at this point, I hate to see any of them go!

P.S. Was it just me or was that "song" Jamie Fox did really awful? It's probably just me. LOL
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:53 am

I didn't care for Jamie Fox singing either! I never knew he "sang" until that second show. In the first show I wondered why did they pick him as a coach for the Idol singers?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:24 am

I was surprised that Danny Gokey got voted off. But Chris did do a wonderful song with the guitar. I think the guitar added alot to it.
Back to top Go down
Bruno
Bruno

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 4:39 pm

I watch bits of the shows on Youtube... auditions and lives alike... as I don't always notice the year shown I must consider myself absolutely neutral...
I like watching auditions as often one is surprised by the youngsters' performances...
Surprise is for the good singers as for the bad...

One question I ask myself though... are'nt people aware they sing awfully ?
When they sing awfully of course !
Back to top Go down
http://yapapire.blogg.org/
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:25 am

Bruno wrote:

One question I ask myself though... are'nt people aware they sing awfully ?
When they sing awfully of course !

I guess not! Laughing

Btw, I'm now rooting for Chris to win now than Danny is gone.
Back to top Go down
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
M L

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Kris did win and I think he will be a very good Idol. Adam and Kris are very good friends and I have no doubt Adam's career will soar, too. In his case, a silver is just as good as winning. I think they were the top two and I also think that with a little help with diction and some more time, Allison Iraheta will be a huge star. I loved her performance with Cyndi Lauper on the finale.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:49 am

I agree those 3 are very good. Also, I still like Danny Gokey.
Back to top Go down
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
M L

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:17 am

I was rooting for Danny at first, to be honest. I thought he had a fabulous voice. What I found perplexing was the fact he didn't choose to listen to advice given to him by the mentors. That made him appear without flexibility and as if he would be difficult to work with.

I also wonder if he was too sensitive and "normal" if you will, to be happy in that world of mainstream entertainment. I always felt he was meant for a higher calling such as the charity named after his wife.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Debp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:00 am

M L wrote:
I always felt he was meant for a higher calling such as the charity named after his wife.

Yes, the Lord God does have His ways of leading us....I'm sure Danny will find his own niche. Perhaps if he gets a record contract of his own, he will have more flexibility. I think the Am. Idol winners are on a pretty fast track.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Into American Idol This Season?   Anyone Into American Idol This Season? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Into American Idol This Season?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other :: American Idol-
Jump to: