Susan's audition!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Susan's audition!   Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:04 pm

What did everybody think of Susan's audition on Britains Got Talent! It's quite obvious that she's amazing and I definitely think she'll win.
Back to top Go down
http://susanboyleforum.forumotion.com
Multilingual
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:40 pm

I think that the citizens of the planet Earth have voted almost unanimously. It is doubtful that anyone could even come close to the Almighty in heaven given us such a gift as Susan. If for some odd reason she doesn't win, it wouldn't matter. Susan has won over 100,000,000+ hearts and not only she, but all of us are winners and our lives are truly enriched by having been touched by her.

May she live a long healthy life, may she remain the same, next-door, let's sit down to a spot of tea type lady, and may she use her talents for the good of mankind.

Susan will be a multimillionaire very soon, and I predict a well-funded Susan Boyle charitable foundation and that she will be extraordinally generous. for the good of mankind in some way. Mark my words!
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/markhschwartz
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:06 am

Susans performance was a complete surprise to me. I have to say the only reason I was shocked was because of her age, not her appearance (I think she's cute as a button). I would have thought that someone her age would have already been gobbled up as a performer, or she was past her prime. I'm happy to say that I was wrong on both accounts.

It won't make any difference if Susan wins or not on BGT. She's already won. She won the entire world over with her singing and brought us all closer together with her angelic voice.
Back to top Go down
http://peacefulpalace.com/forum
Maidenstrooper
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:02 am

From the moment Susan Boyle sang the first note, it was quite obvious we all were in for a special treat. To see the shock on everyones face was kind of a pay back for all of the people that may not look special, but are. I am happy to say that she wowed everyone with her wonderful voice. She will long be remembered as one of a handful of people that are genuine, inside and out. God Bless you, Susan! You have made my heart so very happy!
Back to top Go down
M L
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:25 am

When Susan assured us she was going to rock the audience, I had a feeling we were in for something special. But when she started singing, I was surprised only because the sound of her voice pleases me in a way I can't describe. I'd about given up on hearing any music that would thrill me from now on, musical styles having changed so much. When she smiled at the cynical judges, I had the feeling we were in for a treat and she delivered and then some.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:35 am

She truly does have the voice of an angel. I also happen to think, just my opinion, that Susan is exactly what this world needs. Susan is real, not surgically enhanced, or artificially made up. Her music is pure, it needs no digital enhancement to cover up a mediocre talent.
Susan didn't just rock that audience, she rocked each one of us to the very depths of our souls. Listening to Susan, one can hear the raw passion, one can feel the pain, the hope, the joy. That is part of Susan's gift, the ability to restore what this cynical, misguided, jaded world has lost.
It's true, whether or not she wins the competition is no longer the most important thing, but don't get me wrong, I would dearly love for this very special woman to win. If she doesn't, then the Royal Family will miss out the best talent in their own back yard, so to speak.
We all cheered when the Berlin wall came tumbling down, it was something that was long overdue. In the same way Susan is breaking the long held ridiculous so called "Hollywood" standards. She is smashing that expiration date that has held women back in this world.
Susan is a ray of hope and sunshine and inspiration. to listen to her sing is indeed a privilege, one I shall never tire of.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:35 am

*removed double post, sorry*
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:03 pm

It was such a joy to watch Susan sing and then watch the reaction of the people in the audience being humbled. That should tell all of us not the judge people on how they look or how we expect they should look.

God has truly blessed her.
Back to top Go down
Maidenstrooper
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Aikengmom,

Well said! It's too bad some folk's have to be judgmental. If they would bother to look past their own shell, maybe they would find the compassion and passion that is so obviously lacking in their souls. Before I even went to the youtube link for Susan's audition, I made up my mind that I would listen with an open mind. I am glad I did because I would not have wanted to miss her performance for anything! Her raw talent is so powerful. How anyone could possibly not want to hear her sing, is beyond me and I am an old headbanger. Laughing

(Madness)Maidenstrooper
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:45 pm

What really got me though was the audience reaction before she sang. I remember that when she said she wanted to be a proffesional singer and I remember there was a young girl in the audience who turned to her friend and made some sort of sarcastic face as if to say 'In your dreams' before anybody had heard her sing. Everybody's been saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' but I can't help thinking should we not have already learned that lesson from the likes of Paul Potts, Andrew Jonhston etc. I'm just glad that everybody I've spoken to about her does have an open mind and gave her the chance. Of course I don't think anybody expected it but I've yet to speak to somebody who would have kicked her off stage so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:09 pm

The internet is a wonderful place to meet new people and the best is we have no idea what each other look like. We can chatter and voice opinions to are hearts content and also see the other side.

If we met on the street would we be able to act the same way? I know I talk to strangers in the store where some people take it as just being friendly and others look at you as if they are nuts.

One example was a black woman sneezed and I said God Bless you. She glared at me and stomped off. My daughter was embarrassed but I told her I wasn't wrong she was just rude.
Back to top Go down
Maidenstrooper
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:22 pm

I think I know which girl you are talking about. Long dark hair, bangs swept to the side, bites her lower lip as she turns to her friend? I think she kind of did a half eye roll as well. I do not care what anyone looks like as long as they are good people. I would trust Susan before I would trust just about anyone else. She has an open honesty that few people recognize these days. If you do not look like the Paris Hilton's of the world, you are basically labeled a nobody. But, Susan has already passed these wanna-be's by on her way to her dream. Very Happy

Maidenstrooper
Back to top Go down
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Ah, good to see you girls here! Shirley, Madness! Ooops, Maiden. I had a feeling it was you, I don't know why but I did.
Back to top Go down
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm a huge Paul Potts fan too, and I guess I'm a sucker for the underdog. Paul looked so sad you just wanted something good to come out of his performance. Susan acted a little quirky, and I was just praying she wouldn't be boo'd off the stage.

I just hope the papparazzi is being kind to her. I'd hate to see someone being cruel to her.
Back to top Go down
Maidenstrooper
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:42 pm

HAHAHAHA!!! Domani, good to see you, as well!! If I don't have something with Iron Maiden in my moniker, I'm lost! lol. But, that doesn't mean I dislike any other music. I listen to quite a variety. Country, R&B, Classical, Gospel, Bluegrass, Pop, Rock, Heavy Metal, Folk, Opera. There's some great tunes in every category. Paul Potts is simply wonderful! What a voice! I would love to hear Paul and Susan sing together. Good Lord! That would be amazing! cheers
Back to top Go down
Domani
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Have you heard Paul's rendition of "You Raise me Up"? It's beautiful. The two singing that would be beyond words.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:08 pm

The list of songs I would love to hear Susan sing is endless. I also would love to hear her sing some classic hymns. As goofy as this sounds, I listen to a lot of hymns on Sundays. Since I am disabled, I rarely leave my house and this is the way I go to church, so to speak.
Thank goodness Susan will never resemble the Paris Hilton's of the world. I think we all know what Paris Hilton is and represents. I find it incredibly sad that Paris has such a following, she's not done anything to make this world a better place.
Aside from Susan's powerful talent, she has spread messages of hope, joy and acceptance into a jaded and cynical world.

I'm still drawn over and over again to her "You Tube" video. I think when an album or CD is released that I shall have to purchase more than one copy as I fear I will wear out the first one. I deeply admire Susan's courage in the face of adversity. She faces the jeers with dignity and style, never once allowing it to penetrate her serene calm and belief in herself. I absolutely loved her little hip swing, with the comment, "And that's just one side of me". That is when she had me, right there, with that impish sense of humour. I sat back and cheered and hoped she had what it took.
Well she has what it takes all right, and then some, and I mean that as a compliment.
Back to top Go down
Maidenstrooper
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:05 am

Domani- I have not heard Paul sing that one. Is it on youtube? It would be a real kick if the two of them could perform for the Queen. I am sure that somewhere along the line the Queen has probably heard of them both, and possibly even heard them sing.

Hi Blue Moon!- It is very nice to meet you! As to Paris Hilton, it is very sad that this is what our society deems as acceptable in not only image, but behavior. I Thank God every day that my Granddaughter does not look up to her as a roll model! The only thing I tell my Granddaughter is to always try to be her best self and not copy what some of these girls do or how they look. She asked why I said that and I told her straight up, read what the magazine articles and tabloids say about them and then see if that is how you want people to see you. She has decided to be herself and thinks people like Paris are really too fake. Thank goodness for that. I am with you on buying more than one copy. I just know I'll wear the first one out.

:queen: :flower:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 am

The Queen would have heard Paul sing because when he won the first Britains Got Talent the prize was to perform on the Royal Variety Performance so she definitely would have heard him. I wouldn't be surprised if she'd heard Susan either, she probably watches Britains Got Talent I think. Wink
Back to top Go down
Maidenstrooper
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:31 am

Hi SusanFTW!

I thought I had read somewhere that Paul had indeed, performed for the Queen. How exciting for him, although with shyness, he may have been a bit on edge, as well. It will be fun to watch what takes place over the next few weeks on BGT. I hear the young man, Shaheen(?) is really very good, too. Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:41 am

Maidenstrooper wrote:
Hi SusanFTW!

I thought I had read somewhere that Paul had indeed, performed for the Queen. How exciting for him, although with shyness, he may have been a bit on edge, as well. It will be fun to watch what takes place over the next few weeks on BGT. I hear the young man, Shaheen(?) is really very good, too. Cool

Yeah he was really good. Simon didn't like his choice of first song though.
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:44 am

What I get From Susan is she is comfortable in her own skin and know that she is not the prettiest but she isn't ugly either. I compliment her mother for making Susan the confident person she is.

I would love to hear her sing the old hymns as I was brought up with them. We had dinner every sunday with Grandma and Grandpa and after dinner she went to the old upright piano with pictures on top of every member of the family. He little finger would pound out the old hymns and we would stand around and sing. What fond memories of have of that sweet woman.
Back to top Go down
Debp
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:21 am

Susan's performance touched me very deeply....the way the audience and judges acted toward her at first, then her singing with that magnificent voice....and then everyone being blown away! It was all so touching to me.

And the song she choose had such meaning for her, I'm sure....since she sent a demo tape to record companies, etc, 10 years ago and nobody wanted her then! I'm so glad she finally got discovered and can't wait for her to record a CD.
Back to top Go down
Blue Moon

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:08 am

I am curious, when has Simon ever asked a performer to choose another song to sing? To be honest, when Simon did that, it really bothered me because it felt like it was a set up.
Back to top Go down
Aikengmom
Susan Boyle Forum Member
Susan Boyle Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:13 am

Blue Moon, you are right, Simon never gives anyone a chance to sing a different song at least here in the US. He would rather be sarcastic or demeaning and really hurt their feelings. Evidently he heard the kid sing before and knew he could do better. Is that fair to the others?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susan's audition!   

Back to top Go down

Susan's audition!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next